If you have known me a while, you know I LOVE-LOVE to host events and parties. I picked up this book. This author is from Austin Texas and I love her simplicity and elegance. Styling is similar to branding so I want to share my thoughts on how it compares. My definition of a brand is your mission statement in action. It’s how you show the world who you are and what you provide.
When I read information and add my own twist to it so this is how I see this book:
- Know your strengths and passions. When entertaining we should know which duties we love to complete and get help for the other duties. In Branding-make sure that you spotlight what makes you unique. Your uniqueness can be defined by your strengths and passions.
- Determine your vision. In entertaining make sure that you have a vision of what you want your dinner or event to look like before it begins. I have a vision for events so I plan 12-18 months in advance. In branding know what you want people to think when they think of your name.
- Write it down. In entertaining, I always have a flow chart especially for events, it is critical. In your branding, everyone should know what you provide and how you serve. Printing your mission statement out and adding it to your printed material is a great ideal.
- Be clear on what you are saying. In entertaining, if you desire your guests to do something, tell them. Be clear on expectations. For example if you must be present to win, say that. In branding, everyone should know how you make them feel by your actions.
- Do you appreciate others? In entertaining, make sure you thank people for coming over or to the event. In branding, have a customer appreciation system.
- Think of the details. In entertaining make sure you add a little extra’s-like a cool knife holder or personal gift. In branding-what makes you stand out from others. Make sure you appreciate what is different about you.
If you want to be a great host and offer a unique perceptive in entertaining pick up the book: CAMIELLE STYLES ENTERTAINING.
From the bottom of a grateful heart,
Sheryl Jones-Queen of Hearts
Sheryl Jones affectionally known as The Queen of Hearts, is a Social Worker turned International Motivator. Sheryl is on a MISSION to provide LOVE to everyone she meets. Sheryl began the LOVE OF HEART MOVEMENT Radio Show to help identify entrepreneurs, service providers and community volunteers who ALWAYS serves from the Love of their Heart when dealing with others. She truly believes what the World needs NOW is LOVE!!! Sheryl’s primary focus is on teaching STRESSED OUT women who can’t figure out how to earn money doing what they LOVE, formulate a plan to spotlight their genius. Sheryl takes women from “CONCEPT TO CASH”. Go tohttp://www.sheryljonesqueenofhearts.com to connect with Sheryl